February 13, 2004

Love & dating...7

Okay. So, tomorrow is V-day.

May all the boyfriends of girls, who (actually believe and) think it's an important day in the course of your romantic relationship, foolishly contribute to the profits of florist, chocolatiers, restaurants. And may all the girlfriends of the boys, who naively thought that 'the restaurant so lok, sure got seats, no need reserve', not kick up a big fuss at having to queue.

Hey, guyz, and I really mean Guyz, I am usually on the Venus' side. But on every 14th Feb, I'm on your side. I understand the pressures you face.

1. Those unattached and has someone in mind
Would it be a good and sensible thing to do to date her out on V-day? What if she thinks too deeply into it? And oh man, am I ready to start a relationship with her? Even if I wanna date her, where to? What to do? Would she think that I'm a cheapo? Would she prefer flowers with bear or flowers with chocolate? Or neither? What would I say to her? What if she rejects me? Does that mean I can only try to court her again my next lifetime? What if she already has a date? Who?

2. Those attached and has a gf who thinks the world of v-day.
What do I get for her? Has she dropped any hint for me? Did I miss the hints? Where should we go? Is it better to make something myself or buy? Would it show enough sincerity? Would she be disappointed at how the day turned out?

3. Those attached and has a gf who doesn't give a damn about v-day.
She said she doesn't give a damn, but does she really? Should I juz try to surprise her? Should I respect her not giving a damn and not give a damn myself too? Maybe I'd just take her to a good dinner. Where? Should I make reservation... but she might think I'm giving the day too much thought that I should. Every other girlfriend has a bouquet of flowers. How would I look like if my girlfriend doesn't have one? What would her friends think of me if I don't at least give her something?

4. Those unattached and has none in mind.
Would people think I'm gay if I'm hanging out with my buddies tomorrow? Should I stay home or go out? Is there anyone I can ask out at all? If I just ask any of my female friends out, would she get the wrong idea? Do I want her to get the wrong idea?

Yesh, you poor thing. I really sympathize with your predicament. You're in a catch 22 situation. Good luck, Guyz.

And Gerz, Gerz, if you want something done, say it. If not, don't kick up a big fuss when your guy failed to read your mind.

Chill, everyone! Have a good day tmr!

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 15:48